Mondays to Saturdays: 9:30am to 5pm
Sundays: 12 to 4pm
Closed on statutory holidays
*Closed April 7 & 9; open on Sat April 8 9:30-5:00
3811 Moncton Street
Richmond, BC V7E 3A7
Post Office: 604-271-6868
Free entry to Steveston Museum and the Japanese Fishermen’s Building (located behind the museum).
For information on guided tours and programs, visit our Programs page.
No food or drinks inside the heritage buildings.
Only service animals are allowed inside the heritage buildings.
Free street parking is available in the village for maximum three hours.
The Steveston Museum and Post Office is fully accessible. The adjacent Japanese Fishermen’s Benevolent Society building is also accessible by ramp.
Post Office – The Canada Post Office offers full postal services, and is operated by the Steveston Historical Society. The retail space at the post office features local artists’ work, City of Richmond upcycled banner bags, postcards, and shopping gift cards.
Town Square Park – A garden park with benches and picnic tables serves as a quiet oasis in the heart of Steveston Village.
The Steveston Museum and Post Office is located at 3811 Moncton Street at the heart of Steveston Village. The site may be accessed by car, bike and public transportation.
From the Richmond-Brighouse Canada Line train station take bus #401, 402, 406 or 407 to Steveston Village. For more details, check Translink’s Trip Planner.
Tram Car 1220 is the largest artefact in the City of Richmond’s collection. It is now on display across from the location of the Steveston Station, which closed in 1958.
London Farm is one of the earliest farm sites in Richmond, and features a farm house built by Charles and Henrietta London in 1898.
Britannia Shipyards National Historic Site is a rare surviving example of Steveston’s once thriving mixture of canneries, boatyards, and residences, when fishing and boat building were flourishing industries on the Fraser River.
Built in 1905 as Steveston village’s first bank, this heritage building in the heart of the community serves as a working post office, and as a museum to preserve, promote, and tell the history of Steveston.
Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site
Built in 1894 and once the largest of its kind, the Gulf of Georgia Cannery is a Parks Canada National Historic Site, featuring exhibits and programs about Canada’s west coast fishing industry.
Garry Point Park & Scotch Pond
Garry Point Park is large waterfront park, located at the southwest tip of Richmond, close to historic Steveston Village. It is home to the historic Scotch Pond, where the Scottish Canadian Cannery and Atagi Boatworks were once located.
Imperial Landing Dock
Located at the south end of English Avenue, Imperial Landing offers public moorage and an excellent vantage point of Steveston’s inner harbour.