Join us in uncovering the secrets behind the restoration of Tram Car 1220 at Steveston Tram on Saturday, October 7 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm.
As part of Culture Days 2023, we welcome a special visit from a 1957 vintage bus courtesy of the Transit Museum Society, showcasing the transit history of BC, including Interurban trams like Tram Car 1220.
Inside the Tram building, try fun activities for all ages –
- Find out why tea was used to clean old rusty parts and try your hand doing the same.
- Discover the unusual materials that went into making the tram’s roof waterproof (hint: it involves horse hair!).
- Take the Tram colour-matching challenge – is your eye for colour able to find the correct answer?
- A scavenger hunt will move your visit to another level.
- Learn about the special font that graphic designers created for the destination roll – the part of the Tram that tells you where it is going. You can create your own personalized destination roll to take home.